Web Application Development
Sometimes called "Software as a Service" (SaaS) or “on-demand software”, or more recently referred to as “software in the cloud", a Web Application is simply custom software that runs in your browser to help you to automate workflow or provide a specific solution. For example, say you have a bunch of forms that you fill out for each new client. Then, let's say the form is then passed to someone else who then enters that info in an Excel spreadsheet, which is then used to generate some type of document. The entire process could be handled with a custom web application that runs in your browser and is available wherever you have an Internet connection. Do you have a process or workflow that currently causes your customers to jump through hoops? It’s a process that can most likely be automated with a custom web application. What used to require an expensive and lengthy development cycle involving the creation of desktop PC-specific software can now be done in a fraction of the time using a mix of custom programming and widely available plug ins and widgets. The possibilities really are endless and could result in saving countless hours a week which translates into real cost savings for your business.
Simplify your workflows and customer interactions
Our custom database-driven applications can make even the most complicated workflows easier for you and your customers. And, whether you need to need to update an existing workflow or create one from scratch, we can design and build a solution that's perfectly tailored to your needs. We'll crunch the numbers with you to calculate how much time (and money) a web application could save you. Then you can decide if it's worth implementing. We use a variety of technologies including frameworks which help us develop, test, and deploy solutions in the most efficient and cost effective way possible. The end result is a scalable, custom web application that you fully own. It resides safe and secure on our server or your server of choice and is available through your web browser 24/7.
All you need is a web browser
No other hardware purchase or software installation is necessary. You just need a web browser to access a web application. That also means the application can run in a smartphone browser as well.
Consider these recent web applications that we've built for our clients each of which has resulted in the savings of dozens of hours per week and tens of thousands of dollars a year
- A web application that tracks inventory in a large warehouse for a client who charges different rates per square footage for storing large pieces of machinery. The application generates various reports and automatically calculates pricing for their customer invoices. The application resulted in an ongoing savings of dozens of hours per week.
- A web application that allows a company to share architectural drawings with their clients and tracks versions and notifies their customer when a new version is uploaded. The application has eliminated the need to manually email and send large files through file sharing systems and has streamlined both our client’s workflow as well as their own customer’s workflow resulting in hours of savings for both our client and their customers.
- A web application for a client who designs and prints custom truck signage. The application allows their customers to create a mockup of their sign that is used as a basis for the custom design by our client. The application is critical to the workflow of their business.
- A web application that allows a client to generate work orders that automatically get pushed to the smartphones of their employees in the field. Once the work is completed, the employee updates the work order, from the remote location which then generates an invoice for their customer. Previously, the entire work flow was done manually with paper and required the field employee to physically pick up and deliver the work order. The new web application has resulted in savings of dozens of hours a week and has resulted in a dramatically shortened invoice cycle.
- A web application that allows a contractor to take images from a smart phone taken on an estimating appointment and having the images automatically integrated into a proposal document which is then emailed to their prospect. The process has cut the time to provide the proposal from four days to one allowing them to beat their competition and close more deals.